Concrete Fence Panels & Posts – Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the StoneTree® Fence Wall made from?StoneTree® Precast Concrete Fence Wall is manufactured from a high strength concrete mix. Strength of up to 5000 psi forms a powerfully strong, durable, long lasting precast concrete fence panels and post sections. StoneTree® Concrete Fence Wall is also reinforced with either steel rebar or steel fibers in addition to the power of the concrete, developing a final product that is superior in every way to anything similar on the market worldwide.
- Are StoneTree® Fence Walls the same as other types of concrete walls?No. The difference between the StoneTree® Fencing System and other concrete fences is that with most standard fence systems, the concrete panels are separate from the columns or posts. The StoneTree® Fencing System uses Combo-Cast™ Technology, whereby both the column and panel are manufactured as one piece, which ultimately reduces manufacturing and installation costs, while providing a durable fence wall for generations to come.
- Do StoneTree® Fence Walls require a continuous footing?No, StoneTree® Fence Walls are installed using a proprietary Rigid Footing Support System, with pier footings every 15 feet on center. The Rigid Footing Support System uses a structural steel support to provide strength and stability for each of the wall sections, while providing enough give to accommodate expansion and contraction due to weather and climate changes.
- How long has the StoneTree® product been available?The StoneTree® Fence Wall Forming System was developed in 1999 in Salt Lake City, Utah. Since 2005 the products have been supplied through an expanding network of licensed StoneTree® manufacturers and installers.
- Where are StoneTree® Fence Walls available?StoneTree® Fence Walls are supplied through a network of licensed manufacturers and installers throughout the United States and Canada, as well as in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. To find out more about the licensed StoneTree® manufacturer nearest you, fill out our Contact Page, and we’ll make sure they get in touch with you!
- What do I do if there is no StoneTree® Manufacturer in my area?Your inquiry will be reviewed by our staff and once we know a little more about your specific requirements, your project information will be presented to the nearest StoneTree® licensed manufacturer who will contact you directly to discuss your needs and develop an estimated price for your project.
- Do StoneTree® Fence Walls have a textured design only on one side?No, StoneTree® walls have a highly defined and natural-looking texture on BOTH sides of the concrete fence panels, because the concrete fence wall sections are vertically cast in the Form in which they are manufactured.
- How many textures are available?StoneTree® Fence Walls are currently available in a variety of stone, block and brick patterns, including ashlar, brick, coral stone, stacked stone, slate block, and split face block styles. Custom-designed form liners may be made for retailers, HOAs and other entities which may desire a unique texture, logo or other custom architectural detail on their precast concrete fence wall.
- Can StoneTree® Fence Walls act as a sound wall?StoneTree® Concrete Fence Walls act as a reflective sound barrier and will block noise the same way as a solid block wall. For Highway Sound Wall projects, our sister company, SoundTec™ manufactures concrete sound wall forms which produce sound walls up to 40’ in height with formed texture on both sides of the wall.
- Can StoneTree® Fence Walls act as a retaining wall?StoneTree® Fence Walls can be designed to retain soil but must be engineered to have correct amount of reinforcing to meet the requirements of the job. Your licensed StoneTree® Manufacturer and installer will work with your builder, architects and engineers to ensure your retaining wall is engineered and installed correctly.
- How is the StoneTree® Fence Wall colored?The fence is stained using colored concrete sealers after installation in colors which complement both the concrete fence panels texture and the area being enclosed. More on Colors.
- If the wall is damaged, can it be repaired?Since StoneTree® Fence Wall sections utilize Combo-Cast™ Technology, all sections are modular so wall sections can be replaced easily.
- What is the cost of a StoneTree® Fence Wall?There are a variety of factors which contribute to the cost of manufacturing and installing a StoneTree® Fence Wall, such as cost of materials, labor and geographic location. It is recommended that you speak with the manufacturer in your area to discuss your project requirements and obtain a price based on the conditions of your project site. Submit our contact form and we will send you information about how to contact your local installer.
- Glossary: Precast Concrete Fence Wall TermsConcrete precasting and concrete fencing contains a number of terms that aren’t familiar to everyone outside of the industry. To make the right purchasing decisions – and to understand the construction process – it is important know these frequently used terms. If you have a question about a word or phrase, look for it on this list.
Written by Dennis Kleinman